Monday, June 1, 2009

Dinner

It's fun to go outside and just pick what you need for a meal!

The carrots are still at "baby" size, even though they've been in the ground for a good 70 days, but I decided to eat a few anyway. The three snap peas were the only ones not pecked by the birds (grrr). And the zucchini is my very first one of the season!

I ate most of this raw, but then decided to saute the last bit of the zucchini. It tastes SO much better cooked!

Even though it's late in the season, I decided to try some new things from seed. Today I planted some Minnesota midget melons (cantaloupe), New Zealand spinach, broccoli, soy beans, and swiss chard. I also planted another set of carrots. I want to keep those going all summer long if I can, just 8 at a time.

That's it for me. Hope everyone has a good week!

2 comments:

Mareydenis said...

YUMMY!!!!!

The veggies look deeeelicious! I posted some pictures of my veggies this morning and things are growing well. I have a total of about 4 zucchini growing, I think.

This week I have had grilled chicken with grilled veggies for lunch. Trying to put my big meal at lunch. Anyway, I can't wait to grill my home grown zuke! I feel like a killer, though! ; )

Katy said...

Cool, I'll go check out your pics!

I know what you mean about feeling like a killer. After so many weeks of coddling the sweet the little plant babies, it just feels wrong to RIP them out and devour them! : )