Friday, November 7, 2008

Kroger Mega Event

And what a Mega Event it was!

Have you ever seen a register tape this long with coupons? Yes, that whole section is ONLY coupons! The cashier wasn't thrilled.

The whole lot (at sale prices) came to $63.07 before coupons and taxes. After coupons, the total was $23.22, plus another $4.96 in tax. (Why, oh, why do I get taxed for the pre-coupon total?)

Sure, my bottom line wasn't as amazing as a lot of other folks', but I added in a few impulse buys, like marshmallows. : )



Here's what I got for free:
  • 3 huge bottles of spring water
  • 4 cans Carnation Evaporated milk (holiday baking!)
  • 4 small bottles of Tylenol PM
  • 3 10-packs disposable razors
  • 3 small lint brushes
  • 1 4-pack of Cottonelle

For cheap:

  • 2 cans of Progresso soup, $0.30 each
  • 2 boxes Betty Crocker potatoes, $0.28 each
  • 3 cans Beefaroni, $0.77 each (Yes, I still eat this stuff!)
  • big tub Breyers ice cream, $1.50

I got a lot of things (about $11 worth, to be exact) to make some white chicken chili tomorrow to take to Lance's boss's harvest party. $11 seems like a lot to me, but I guess a big crockpot of soup feeds at least ten, so $1 a meal isn't too bad. These days I think of everything in terms of cost-per-meal. It's a sickness.


*Just a side note: I LOVE http://www.shortcuts.com/! It's a wonderful way to get extra savings. I loaded a $0.50 Cottonelle Q, a $0.35 Betty Crocker potato Q, and a $0.50/2 Progresso soups Q, and THEN used manufacturer's coupons for each! The $0.25 Cottonelle Mfr. coupon (doubled) made the toilet paper free!

*Another side note: With all the free Cottonelle I keep getting at Kroger, it seems I'll never have to dip into that truck load I bought at CVS a few months ago...Ha ha!

No comments: