Friday, October 31, 2008

Mwa-ha-haaaaa!

Happy Howl-oween!

(At least that's what it is over here tonight. Baxter barks at every single kid that DARES to darken our doorstep.)

I stopped in CVS on the way home from work, because last night was "stock night", and I thought I just might be able to find the items I need on the shelves. I was right!

Oh, and "need" is a relative term.



I got:
  • Bayer Contour diabetes monitor, on sale for $30
  • 2 3-pack WellPatch, $5.99 each, get $5.99 ECBs back for each
  • 2 4-packs of Bic Comfort 3 disposable razors, $5.89 each, get $4 ECBs back for each
  • 5 SoyJoy bars, on sale for $1 each, get $4 ECB per 4
  • 2 bags of CVS brand peppermints, $0.99 each

TOTAL BEFORE COUPONS AND TAX = $60.74

Coupons used:

  • CVS coupon for $10 off $50 purchase
  • $30 off Bayer Contour from Sunday's insert
  • 2 $1 off WellPatch from a past insert
  • 2 $2 off Bic Comfort 3 razors
  • $3 off purchase of 5 SoyJoy bars (printed from SoyJoy website)
  • CVS coupon for $1 off 2 CVS brand candies (from coupon machine)

TOTAL AFTER COUPONS = $10.74, plus tax

Paid with $9.96 ECBs, and put the remaining balance of $4.39 on my gift card. ($3.61 of that was TAX!)

Got back $23.98 in ECBs to spend next time, meaning I just made $9.63 by buying this stuff. ($23.98 ECBs earned minus $9.96 ECBs used minus $4.39 cash paid)

Woohoo! Happy early birthday to me!

No comments: