Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finally some deals worth sharing!

The CVS "deals" have been terrible lately. It's been a month since I even felt like going in there! But this week's ad has some good stuff. Apparently they're jumping into school supplies already. Odd!

The tape and pencils are free-after-ECB on Sunday and Monday only, with a limit of three items each. The pantiliners are free-after-ECB all week, limit one. The Dawn regular dish liquid is on sale 2 for $2, and you get back $1 ECB, so by using two $0.50 Mfr. coupons, you get them both free. And last but not least, select Post cereals are on sale 3 for $10, and get back $5 ECB with the purchase of 3. I had three $2 Mfr. coupons for Trail Mix Crunch (click here and print several by using your back button), so I paid $4 and got back the $5 ECB. Money-maker!

The cherry on the savings sundae was a $4 off $20 purchase coupon I got by email a few days ago. I threw in some Dentek flossers, which were $1.99 a pack after the instant $1 "clip-free" coupon, and I used $1 Mfr. coupon off each pack to make them only $0.99. (That's a great deal for flossers!) Total came to $24.31 before tax. I used the $4/$20 coupon, $9 in Mfr. coupons, and $10.99 in ECBs to get the total down to $0.32 plus tax. I put the $1.13 balance on a gift card, and then walked out with $14.43 in new ECBs. That's a profit of $2.31!

I just noticed that the ECB I got for the pantiliners is $0.99, even though I only PAID $0.89 for them. Gee, I love when they make mistakes like that. : )

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

No comments: