Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week #2 of free school supplies at CVS

And the free school supplies keep a-comin'...

Unfortunately, my CVS didn't stock up on the scissors and pens, so by the time I got there at 11:30 this morning they were almost all gone! Since mine is a 24-hour store, some women came in at midnight last night to get the deals, according to the cashier. Unbelievable! I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

*Disclaimer: Although I don't have children and thus don't need school supplies, I get them to donate in the fall when my church has a collection for the inner city school children. *

Okay, here's how I did today:
  • 4 12-packs of Pepsi products, $12, get $2 ECB
  • newspaper, $1
  • 3 packs of pens, $0.99 each, get $0.99 ECB each
  • 2 notebooks, $0.99 each, get $0.99 ECB each
  • 2 glue, $0.99 each, get $0.99 ECB each
  • 2 rulers, $0.99 each, get $0.99 ECB each
  • scissors, $2.99, get $2.99 ECB
  • Gillette Fusion razor, $7.99, get $4 ECB

Total came to $32.89. I used a $5 off $30 CVS coupon, a $2 off $10 in CVS brand products coupon, and a $4 Fusion Mfr. coupon to bring the total down to $21.89. I paid with $21.89 in ECBs (all I had!) and then put the remaining $0.33 tax on a gift card. I got back $17.90 in ECBs. That made my total loss for this trip only $4.32, which a FANTASTIC deal considering I stocked up on sodas for Lance!

Next week there will be even more free-after-ECB school supplies, so be on the lookout for some $/$$ CVS brand coupons at the scanner machine!

No comments: