Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Even during a slow week...

...I can manage to find some deals at CVS!

This week is about as slow as it gets. Not even ONE free-after-ECBs item! But thankfully my store had a few of the monthly freebies in stock to help me round out my transaction today.

And I'm thankful for the fact that my store also takes expired CVS coupons, meaning I could use an old $5/$25 coupon that came in an email around the beginning of the year. I had printed it but never used it.

I essentially went in to "blow" some of my huge stash of soon-to-expire ECBs on some things we could use, like milk and Cheez-Its. Somehow I ended up using enough coupons to get everything free! (So much for blowing ECBs, huh?)

Here's how it went:
  • Cheez-Its twin pack, $6.00, get $3.00 ECBs
  • Purity milk, $3.19
  • NasoGel, $7.99, get $7.99 ECBs
  • Nutra Trim gum, $3.99, get $3.99 ECBs
  • 3 J&J First Aid kits, $0.99 each
  • CVS body wash, $2.99

Coupons used:

  • $5 off $25 purchase
  • $2 off NasoGel (printed from website)
  • $3 off J&J First Aid products (adjusted to $2.97)
  • $3 off any CVS brand product

I paid with $13.98 ECBs and put the remaining $0.18 plus $0.71 tax on my gift card. I walked out with another $14.98 in ECBs, making my total for today a profit of 11 cents!

And I plan on submitting the NasoGel for a $3 Manufacturer's rebate (which came in the packaging), so that's $3 back in my pocket.

What a great way to start out the week!

No comments: