Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little CVS pick-me-up

Thursday was a rough day at work. I needed a little something to cheer me up. So I thought I'd stop in at my favorite CVS and get some coupons from the scanner machine, which always excites me. (You never know what you're gonna get!)

While there, I thought I might as well see if any of the hot items were in stock. I figured the shelves would be empty by this late in the week, but would you believe that they had all but ONE of the products I needed for my scenario? Amazing!

Here's what I ended up with:
  • 4 packs of Stayfree maxi pads, on sale for $4.50 each, part of Johnson & Johnson deal
  • 1 box of Band-aids, $3, brought my J&J total over $20 to get $10 ECBs back
  • 3 boxes of Bayer, on sale for $5 each, buy $15 worth, get $5 ECBs back
  • Garnier Fructis shampoo, $2.99, get $2 ECBs back
  • NutraTrim, $3.99, get $3.99 ECBs back (monthly freebie)
  • Jack Link's jerky twin pack, $9.99, get $2 ECBs back
  • CVS brand mixed nuts, $4.59

Coupons used:

  • Yet another $10/$50 CVS Q
  • Two $2/2 Stayfree Mfr. Qs
  • Two $2/1 Stayfree CVS Qs
  • Two BOGO free Stayfree Mfr. Qs
  • Three $1/1 Bayer Mfr. Qs
  • $1 Garnier Mfr. Q
  • $3 off any CVS brand Q

I paid with $22.48 of my ECBs, plus used the $1 ECB that printed at the scanner for my "Fall Spending" reward. That brought my total down to a whopping $0.08! I put that plus the $1.36 in tax (GRRRR!!) on my gift card. I got back $22.99 in ECBs. So essentially I walked out having paid nothing (thanks to the gift card!) and with $0.51 more in ECBs than I came with. Not bad!

To make things even sweeter, I will submit the receipt for a Bayer rebate (half back, not full price), and get back $6!

I was happy to be able to give Lance more jerky (since he has already polished off almost all of the jerky I bought Sunday) and get my mom a can of nuts as a thank you for always sharing her coupon inserts. The Bayer will be donated to church, the Dora Band-aids will go to my 3 year old niece, and the Stayfree will have me stocked up for at least four years, ha ha!

So my Thursday ended up being pretty good after all. All's well that ends well, right? : )

No comments: