Sunday, January 18, 2009

How does this keep happening?

I mean, seriously...How am I unable to burn any ECBs? This is madness, I tell you!

I fully expected to blow some ECBs on sodas at today's after-church CVS run. But I didn't anticipate the fact that they actually had four boxes of throat coolers in stock, and that changed my whole transaction.

Somehow I ended up MAKING money AGAIN! (But what a wonderful problem to have, huh?)

<----Check this out! (And yes, I am a big fan of symmetry.)


Here's what I ended up with, after 2 transactions:
  • 7 12-packs of Pepsi products, $3 each, buy $20 worth, get $10 ECBs
  • 8 Reese's whips, 2/$1 (DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS CANDY DEAL!)
  • 1 KitKat, $0.50
  • 4 Children's Throat Coolers, $4.99 each, get $4.99 ECBs each
  • 1 Excedrin Migraine 24-ct, $1.99
  • 1 Excedrin Express Gels 20-ct, $1.99
  • 3 American Greetings cards, $0.99 each, buy 3, get $3 ECBs
  • 2 CVS allergy medicine, $3.79 each, get $3.79 ECBs each
  • 1 CVS hand soap, $1.99
  • 1 newspaper, $1.75

I used these coupons:

  • $10/$50
  • 4 Reese's whips Mfr. coupons for $1 off two (from last week's inserts)
  • 2 Throat Coolers BOGOF Mfr. coupons printed from the website
  • 1 Excedrin Migraine coupon for $2 off
  • 1 Excedrin Express gels coupon for $2 off
  • 1 CVS coupon for $3 off any CVS brand

I used $31.86 ECBs, and paid the remaining $2.52 with my gift card. (I messed up a bit, but that's okay.) I got back a total of $40.54 in ECBs, thus making a profit of $6.16!

Again, I failed miserably at burning ECBs. My stash has grown...again. How on EARTH am I going to roll $122 worth?? I will eventually have to actually buy something, I do realize that. And then I'll start all over again, building up my stash.

What fun!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Okay, I just realized that I made a mistake when staging my products for the picture.

Can you find it?

Hee hee...I crack myself up.

FishMama said...

I can't find the "mistake." What is it?

Amazing deal! Good job! I still have to find a paper. My CVS was out of them.

Lyse said...

One of your Reese's Whipps is flipped! Tsk, tsk...
:)

My DH went for me this because he is a big fan of Pepsi/Mtn Dew. He managed a really low OOP in 2 transactions. I'll try to post it a little later.

122 ECBs is a great problem to have!

Katy said...

You found it, Lyse! :)

Wow, I wish my husband could do a deal on his own. You must have trained him well, ha ha!