Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can you tell what time of the month it is?

Mmmm, chocolate...

It's so wonderful to have a CVS on the corner where I turn to go home every day. I have every opportunity to stop without having to waste a dime of gas. And it's right across from church, so tonight's was a post-church run!

I heard that the Purex was an unadvertised sale, ringing up $2.99 instead of $5.99 AND giving 1 ECB. So I clipped and printed coupons this morning, and ended up with this transaction:

*Purex, $2.99, used 50 coupon, got 1 ECB

*2 Chex Chocolate Turtle mix, $1 each, used two $1 off printable coupons

*2 Right Guard deodorants, $2.99 each, used two $1 off coupons, got 2 ECBs for each (total of 4 ECBs)

*1 Cadbury bar (my special treat), 99 cents

I used a $2 off $10 coupon, then paid with 5 ECBs and 89 cents. I laughed with the cashier about how I was too young to be counting out pennies and using coupons! But she seemed impressed at how well I did. Since I got back 5 ECBs to replace the 5 I used, I only paid 89 cents for all that.

Oh, and the scanner gave me a $4 off $20 coupon, good for another couple of weeks!

This run wasn't a money-maker, but hey, they can't all be. I'm happy. I have chocolate. : )

No comments: