Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why work when you can BLOG!

I'm shocked! I just discovered that the server here at work doesn't block access to blogger! So, as I sit here chomping down a quick lunch, I figured I'd share how I got this lunch for free...

On Monday night, I grabbed a few coupons from my All You magazine (free trial) and headed to Walmart Neighborhood Market. I knew we needed a few lunch items to tide us over this week. The coupons were: Buy 3 Nabisco/Kraft/Oscar Meyer products, get a free pack of hotdogs, and then another for buy 3, get a free box of Wheat Thins. I got a tip from Money Saving Mom that a pack of Kool-aid counts as one Kraft product, so I bought six at 20 cents a piece in order to use both coupons. Free hot dogs and Wheat Thins, sweet!

I grilled up the dogs last night for dinner, and then brought a couple for lunch today. The buns are "free", too, because they were left over from the beach trip. The chips I'm eating are Pringles, which were on sale at CVS a few weeks ago and which I ended up getting for free. (Using overage from other items.)

The person who said, "There's no such thing as a free lunch" obviously didn't use coupons.

: )

No comments: